- Christian Mollitor
- 18116 Raven Rocks Rd
- Bluemont, Virginia 20135
- Nearest Town: Bluemont
- Phone: 703.473.1471
- Price Range: $129 - $195
- Additional Price Information: Our rates are seasonal and change based on whether you are staying during weekday or weekend (Friday and Saturday) nights.
- Payment Options: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
- Cancellation Policy: Should you need to cancel your reservation; we ask that you contact us by 2:00 PM (est) 7 days prior to check in.
- Check-In Time: 2:00 PM
- Check Out Time: 12:00 PM
- Number of Rooms: 3
- Number of Bathrooms: 3
- Additional Room Information: Each room has its own individual and complete bathroom. Further details on the amenities of each room can be found on our website.
- Breakfast: We serve a fresh, delicious and hearty "hikers breakfast" every morning at the lodge between 9:30-10:30 am (or earlier upon request). You can look forward to enjoying a variety of our favorite items: fried/french scrambled eggs/omelets, pancakes/blueberry pancakes/French Toast, bacon/sausage/veggie sausage, hash-browns/breakfast potatoes/oatmeal, freshly baked muffins/cinnamon rolls/pie, toast/English muffins/bagels, cold cereals with milk/soy milk, fresh fruit, orange/grapefruit juice and coffee/tea.
- Special Events: Limited
- Pets Allowed: Yes
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Certifications: Trip Advisor Recommended
About Ginger Hill Adventure Lodge
Ginger Hill was built in 1948 as a country estate for a wealthy Washington D.C. socialite named Mrs. Sidney Small, who some say haunts the library. The lodge features 3 large guest rooms, each with their own full en-suite bathrooms. A delicious and hearty hikers' breakfast is served each morning; and guests are encouraged to enjoy the living room with roaring fireplace, dining room with an expansive mountain view of rural Loudoun County, English speakeasy pub, full gym and use of the fully stocked gourmet kitchen. Our 4+ acres of manicured grounds and gardens provide complete privacy.
Come relax, hike on the Appalachian Trail (literally across the street), kayak on the Shenandoah River, snowshoe or sled down the backyard hill and bicycle around 4+ miles of flat nature trails at the Shenandoah University river campus.
WELCOME TO ADVENTURE!
General AmenitiesActivities Guide, Central Air Conditioning, Fireplace, Fitness Center/Gym, Hair Dryer, Heating, Iron and Board, Lawn/Garden, Living Area, Off-Street Parking, Pet Friendly, Porch/Veranda, Wheelchair Accessible, Wireless Internet
Kitchen/BathFull Kitchen, Pantry Items, Private Ensuite Bath
Additional InformationGinger Hill's two main guest rooms are located on the second floor; however, we welcome guests with limited mobility and can provide accommodation in the main floor Denali Library featuring a private full bathroom and comfortable sofa bed.
DirectionsFrom DC/Northern VA/Dulles Airport:
Follow I-66 W and VA-267 W (passing Dulles Airport--arrivals from airport start here heading on VA-267 W / towards Leesburg)
Take exit 1A from VA-267 W (to US-15 S / VA-7 W / Leesburg Bypass in Leesburg); continue straight to stay on VA-7 W.
After passing Round Hill you will start heading up the mountain; look for the flashing yellow sign at the top of the ridge, and make the first right onto Raven Rocks Rd.
Ginger Hill is the first house on the right, #18116.
*Time: Without traffic, it should take only 1 hour to get here from the White House / Washington DC.*
All hikers are welcomed at the adventure lodge, especially if you hike here from Georgia or Maine; wow you need a rest! The Appalachian Trail can be accessed literally from across the street, so you can get here without having to hike too far out of the way.