- Malcolm & Pamela Baldwin
- 39595 Weatherlea Farm Lane
- Lovettsville, Virginia 20180
- Nearest Town: Lovettsville VA and Brunswick MD (just across the Potomac River)
- Phone: (540) 822-5097
- Additional Price Information: Milk Cottage: $135 (November-April); $145 (May-October)
Shepherd’s Cottage: $175 (November-April); $185 (May-October)
Virginia sales tax (6%) and Loudoun County Transient Occupancy Tax (7%) are additional.
Inquire about weekly rates and special rates for WeatherLea wedding guests.
See our listings at HomeAway/VRBO (Milk Cottage #275209 and Shepherd’s Cottage #653404), FlipKey and Trip Advisor for more information.
Additional payment options: PayPal, HomeAway/VRBO and FlipKey online payment systems.
- Payment Options: Check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express
- Cancellation Policy: Deposit of one night’s stay is non-refundable. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours before scheduled arrival to avoid charge for the outstanding balance.
- Check-In Time: 3:00pm
- Check Out Time: 11:00am
- Number of Rooms: 4
- Number of Bathrooms: 2
- Additional Room Information: Milk Cottage: 1 queen Bedroom, 1 queen sleep sofa in living/dining room, fully-equipped kitchen, 1 bath with full tub and shower
Shepherd’s Cottage: 1 queen bedroom, 1 double bedroom, 1 twin/trundle bedroom, fully-equipped brand-new kitchen, ample dining area, breakfast nook, 1 bath with full tub and shower, deck on rear of house.
- Breakfast: Breakfast food provided for self-preparation. Guests welcome to prepare other meals in our fully-equipped kitchens.
- Special Events: Yes - WeatherLea Farm's B&B license permits the hosting of up to 20 special events each year. WeatherLea hosts weddings between early May and mid-October, and bookings often occur as much as a year ahead. Malcolm Baldwin is licensed as a civil celebrant for marriage ceremonies. In addition to the barn, outdoor locations on the property (including garden and vineyard gazebos) are available for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours. Each year's calendar typically also includes barn dances, concerts and farm festivals. On occasion, guests may also have the opportunity to view sheep shearing and grape harvest.
- Pets Allowed: No
- Handicap Accessible: Limited
- Certifications: WeatherLea LLC is fully licensed by Loudoun County as a Bed & Breakfast Inn and event venue.
9th Annual Bed & Breakfast Open House Tour, Apr 30 1-5PM
Dates: 04/30/17 to 04/30/17
WeatherLea Open House visitors can enjoy great food by Smokin` Willy BBQ and see the fine wood products of John Bestwick, owner of Jumbo Bottom Barrel Works, including his wine barrel furniture and his fine kitchen cabinetry is both of our cottages. Yarns made from WeatherLea sheep wool will also be available for purchase.
About WeatherLea Farm & Vineyard: The Cottages
Enjoy a weekend or a full "farmstay" vacation at the charming 1-bedroom Milk Cottage and/or the fabulous newly-opened 3-bedroom Shepherd's Cottage on one of Loudoun's oldest and loveliest farms, located just a half-mile from the Potomac River. WeatherLea Farm dates from the mid-18th century and witnessed extensive Civil War action. The farm has been permanently protected from development and division by a conservation easement held by the Land Trust of Virginia.
General AmenitiesCentral Air Conditioning, Clothes Dryer, Living Area, Living Room, Off-Street Parking, Television, Washing Machine, Wheelchair Accessible, Wireless Internet
Additional InformationEach cottage offers off-street parking, air conditioning, HDTV, Wi-Fi, washer & dryer, fully-equipped kitchen, small reading library (take a book, leave a book!), extensive reading material about local restaurants, wineries and breweries, museums, battlefields and other historic sites, as well as nearby recreational opportunities such as hiking and biking on the C&O Canal Towpath and the Appalachian Trail, and rafting and fishing on the Potomac and Shenandoah Rivers.
DirectionsFrom the center of Lovettsville, travel north on Berlin Turnpike (Route 287) approximately two miles to Weatherlea Farm Lane on the right.
Access to Washington D.C.: We are only one mile from the MARC weekday commuter train to D.C.